Guided Prayer for the Climbing Community

Converse like you would around a campfire. This is a safe place for share your climbing accomplishments, discuss spiritual matters and/or chat about almost anything. Disagreement is allowed and even encouraged. But getting nasty, mean and inappropriate is not. Thanks and enjoy!

Moderators: SRCFCMedia, SRCFCDirector, SRCFCOffice

Guided Prayer for the Climbing Community

Postby Corey_Messer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey Family, thinking and praying for ya'll often!

Tomorrow, I am going to walk my chapter through a guided prayer for the climbing community. I typed this up to encourage you all as you pray for the climbing communities God has placed you in!

Focusing on the climbing community, who are your belay partners, spotters, or encourages, who at your gym, on your team or at your craig do you know who haven't given their lives to Jesus? Picture their faces in your mind, put their names on your lips, intercede and cry out for the lost souls in our climbing community, praying intentionally for our friends!

Luke 15:4, “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one he has lost?” Lord, we pray that you would go after our lost friends, that you would find them where they are at!

Luke 15:8, “Or that of a woman, have ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does she not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it”! Lord, I pray you would diligently seek after my friends and climbers at the New River Gorge, at my home gym in WV, and our climbing gyms in Lynchburg, VA. I pray Lord that you would pick them up, and we could come together rejoicing! That there would be joy in Heaven before the angel of God over the one lost climber who is found and repents!

Luke 15:16-21, “And when the (Prodigal) son was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything. But, when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my fathers hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger. I will arise and go to my father and say to him I have sinned!” Lord, I pray for the prodigal sons and daughters in our climbing community! I pray that they to would come to themselves, that the Holy Spirit would reveal to them the lifestyle they’re living apart from God will never satisfy the desires of their heart! That all they are searching for can be found in the house of God! Draw their hearts to you Lord, that they would turn from their way and come running to you!

Lord, I finally pray that you would use us in search of the lost sheep, the missing coins and that we could guide the prodigal sons and daughters I the climbing community to You! I pray Lord for the climbers and friends you have brought to our mind that you would burden our hearts to pray for them and the next time we see them, or soon when we contact them, Holy Spirit I pray you would give us the words to say to guide their hearts to You, and You may see them off in a distance having compassion on them run and embrace them!
Corey Messer

A laborer in the Harvest,
SRCFC: Lynchburg Chapter Coordinator
Cell: (304) 541-1174
corey.messer@gmail.com
Corey_Messer

Return to Gather Around the Campfire