Set Apart Dirtbag is Back// Also there is a blog plug

Converse like you would around a campfire. This is a safe place for share your climbing accomplishments, discuss spiritual matters and/or chat about almost anything. Disagreement is allowed and even encouraged. But getting nasty, mean and inappropriate is not. Thanks and enjoy!

Moderators: SRCFCMedia, SRCFCDirector, SRCFCOffice

Set Apart Dirtbag is Back// Also there is a blog plug

Postby em_joyful » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:10 am

Hi Folks, over a year ago I shared a post: Staying Set Apart in a Dirtbag Community. I was super excited and challenged by the answers I received. I still go back and read them from time to time for much-needed encouragement. Thank you profoundly for reading and responding. I can honestly say that the past year hasn't always been the best, I've definitely progressed more in climbing and such but I'd say walking the narrow way has been tumultuous. I've had a hard time staying in the word and also being public about my faith. I have however had some incredible connections and conversations about God during the many long car rides to the crag and the ice climbing coffee breaks. I want to encourage you all to take the time to talk to your climbing partners about your faith. It's amazing how open they are to it because of the closeness you develop from the trust related to climbing. They really are your first and easiest mission field.

All that said I'm headed off to join the climber's YWAM in New Zealand, God told me to go despite my other plans and ideas. I have a foot in a walking boot because I almost broke it on the Chief last week and a blog that I'll link should you be interested in hearing about my adventures. You can pray that I'll be more bold about sharing my faith on there, as the primary readers are all my non-Christian peers back home. It was definitely hard to explain what I'm doing to my friends as I'm sure you can imagine. But I'm hoping to be God will be able to speak through my life as I live it under his direction. My mom gave me a magazine cutout she found that features a climber in it and it says Strong Faith, Strong Foundation, Strong Future. I'm hoping to gain all of these and bring the kingdom to the climbing community both at home and wherever I go.

Re: Set Apart Dirtbag is Back// Also there is a blog plug

Postby deanolin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks for sharing! Great writing/blog!

YWAM NZ?! That's so exciting! Hope you have an amazing experience and I'll be praying for you!

Return to Gather Around the Campfire